COCONUT-LIME AVOCADO SOUP
INGREDIENTS FOR COCONUT-LIME AVOCADO SOUP:
½ cup - Raw Coconut Milk – (See
Raw Coconut Milk)
1 Large - Haas Avocado
2 - Mushrooms - Thinly sliced. (Any variety will do. We like crimini mushrooms.)
½ - Lime - Juice (lime to taste)
1 clove - Garlic - Peeled and Pressed.
1/8 tsp. - Sea Salt
Pinch - Curry - (optional)
Pinch - Cayenne - (optional)
Garnish - Cilantro
DIRECTIONS FOR COCONUT-LIME AVOCADO SOUP:
1) - Combine coconut milk, lime juice, garlic, sea salt, curry and cayenne (all to taste)in bowl.
2) - Dice avocado and add to bowl.
3) - Thinly slice mushrooms and add to bowl.
4) - Combine all ingredients.
5) - If desired, lightly warm the soup in a pan on the stove. (I like it as a chilled soup.)- It is important that you not allow the soup to heat above 118F (this is the Highest), or the nutrients and enzymes will begin to damage. Use a food thermometer to monitor your temperatures.
6) - Garnish with cilantro (as much as you like - it becomes an ingrediet in mine - I love it!) and serve.
Everything is to taste. Remember, recipes are a guideline, not a rule. If something is crucial to the recipes success, I’ll tell you. Otherwise, personalize it - have fun, mix it up – enjoy!
TIPS, TRICKS & TECHNIQUES:
~ Can be used in place of cilantro.
~ Suggest Italian flat leaf parsley.
~ Check for bitterness before adding.
~ Lemon can be substituted if necessary, however lime is a better flavor for this dish.
~ Crimini mushrooms are also referred to as "baby portabellas" or "baby bellas".
~ Fresh is imperative when picking out mushrooms. Look for a firm consistency. Some mushrooms, such as button, portabellas and crimini, can have freshness determined by looking where the stem meets the cap. The more white that covers the "gills", the fresher the mushroom (usualy) - but don't forget to check the firmness.
Return from Coconut-Lime Avocado Soup to Recipes
Return to Homepage